|search engine by freefind|
Idaho Penny Postcards - a pictorial state history tour
"Pacific Coast Business Directory for 1876-78," Compiled By Henry G. Langley, Editor of the California State Register, Pacific Coast Almanac, San Francisco, 1875. Gazetteer and Business Directory of Idaho Territory:
• Ada County | Boise City
• Alturas County and Atlanta
• Beaver Canon, Black Foot and Bloomington, all in Oneida County
• Boise Co.; Booneville, Owyhee Co.; Boston, Boise Co.; Cariboo Mines, Oneida Co.; Centerville, Boise Co.
• Clear Water, Nez Perce Co.; Clifton, Corbett's Station, Eagle Rock, all Oneida Co.; Elk City, Nez Perce Co.; Elk Creek, Idaho Co.; Emmettsville, Ada Co.; Fairview, Owyhee Co., Falks' Store, Ada Co.
• Fish Haven, Oneida Co.; Florence, Idaho Co.; Fort Hall, Oneida Co., Fort Lemhi, Lemhi Co.; Franklin, Onedia Co.; Gentile Valley, Oneida Co.; Georgetown, Oneida Co.; Gold Hill, Boise Co. • Granite Creek, Horse Shoe Bend, Idaho City, all Boise County
• Idaho County, Indian Creek, Alturas Co.; Indian Valley, Ada Co.; Iowa Bar, Oneida Co.; John Day's Creek, Idaho Co.; Junction, Lemhi Co.; Keenan City, Oneida Co.
• Kootenai Co., Lapwai, Leesburg, Lemhi Co.
• Lewiston, Nez Perce Co.
• Liberty, Oneida Co.; Lower Boise, Ada Co.; Malad City, Oneida Co.; Manuel Ranch, Idaho Co.; Market Lake, Marsh Valley, both in Oneida Co.; Middleton, Ada Co.; Montpelier, Oneida Co.
• Mount Idaho, Nez Perce, Newsome Creek, both in Nez Perce Co.; Nez Perce County; Oneida County; Oro Grande, Lemhi Co.; Ovid, Oneida Co.
• Owyhee Co.: Oxford, Oneida Co.: Paradise Valley, Nez Perce Co.; Paris, Oneida Co.
• Payette Store, Payetteville, both Ada Co.; Pelouse Bridge, Nez Perce Co.; Pen d'Oreille, Kootenai Co.; Pierce City, Shoshone Co.; Pine Creek, Nez Perce Co.; Pine Grove, Alturas Co.; Pioneerville, Placerville both Boise Co.
• Pleasant Valley, Oneida Co.; Quartzburgh, Boise Co.; Red Rock, Oneida Co.; Rocky Bar, Alturas Co.; Ross Fork, Oneida Co.; Salmon City, Lemhi Co.; Salubria, Ada Co.; Shearer's Ferry, Idaho Co.; Shoshone County
• Silver City, Owyhee County
• Slate Creek, Idaho Co.; Soda Springs, Oneida Co.; South Mountain,Owyhee Co.; Squaw Creek, Boise, Co.; St. Charles, Oneida Co.; Thorne Creek, Nez Perce Co.; Wagontown, Owyhee Co.; Washington, Idaho Co.; Washoe and Weiser, both Ada Co.; Weston, Oneida Co.; White Bird, Idaho Co.
Table of Saw Mills
Towns and Cities, by county
Idaho Territory Post Offices
Other postal records: History of Post Offices in Idaho. U.S. Post Office:
Ada County Historical Post Offices
Adams County Historical Post Offices
Boise County Historical Post Offices
Canyon County Historical Post Offices
Gem County Historical Post Offices
Owyhee County Historical Post Offices
Payette County Historical Post Offices
Washingon County Historical Post Offices
Valley County Historical Post Offices
Territorial Executive Branch (1863-1889)
The History of Idaho, The Gem of the Mountain, by James H. Hawley, Volume I, The S. J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1920:
Ada, Adams, Bannock, Bear Lake, Benewah, Bingham, Blaine, Boise, Bonner, Bonneville, Boundary, Butte
Camas, Canyon, Caribou, Clark, Clearwater, Custer, Elmore, Franklin, Fremont
Gem, Gooding, Idaho, Jefferson, Jerome, Kootenai, Latah, Lemhi, Lewis, Lincoln
Madison, Minidoka, Nez Perce, Oneida, Owyhee, Payette, Power, Shoshone, Teton, Twin Falls, Valley, Washington
Idaho Newspapers of 1918
Trading and Military Posts
Daughters of the American Revolution Members Residing in Idaho, 1911
"The writing of this paper required the inclusion of many before unpublished accumulated facts, and a complicated weaving together of the information was necessary for the complete picture to be painted. Therefore it is well documented, very detailed, and somewhat deductively presented in some places. The historical facts are clear, but in places one must also have an innate sense of trail history and trail thinking to understand, and maybe to interpret some informational blanks. It is not quickly readable like an entertaining novel. It is intended to present all facts possible, and sometimes to follow the routes of the trail that are covered with repetitious but interconnecting information. Some early definitions within the body of the paper are necessary, and a complimentary following and study of the appropriate maps during the reading will help in systematically connecting all of the information."
On other AHGP sites -
Origins of Certain Place Names in the United States, includes Idaho
Photographs of Western Idaho (The Panhandle)
Idaho, Pacific States Newspapers Directory
Sketches of Inter-Mountain States, including Idaho
Making the Washington - Idaho Boundary
Copyright © 2013 - Sharon McConnel. All Rights Reserved.